God Mirror Girl

God Mirror Girl

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Comparing Mirrors


I've been thinking a lot lately how my problems/struggles are nothing in comparison to those I know who are fighting cancer and other ugly diseases. Cancer has reared its ugly head in so many lives around me.  Sometimes, I find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop in our lives.  I almost feel guilty that we haven't had that to deal with.  (Not that I'm inviting cancer to show up at our doorstep)

Then, I have to wonder if God really wants us to play down our own struggles because they don't compare to others'.  I don't believe that's the case.

Jill Savage, founder of Hearts at Home put it best when she said that we need to stop comparing our insides to others' outsides.  I know this is in reference to feeling like others have 'perfect lives', but I've been wondering lately if the opposite is true.

The struggles we each face are real and have their effects on our lives.  Just because we're not hurting as bad as our friends doesn't mean we can just push our hurts aside.

I need to go to my God Mirror as ME, not as ME-IN-COMPARISON.  God deals with us as individuals.  He wants us to love and help those who need more than we do, but he doesn't rank us when it comes to prayer.

If it bothers you, if it weighs on your heart, if you're not quite sure....take it to your God Mirror and God will reflect back to you the magnitude of your issue and how to approach it!

I'm not sure if this blog entry is making much sense, but I don't want us to say, "Well, I don't have Cancer, so I need to just suck it up."  And I don't believe God feels that way, either.

Take it to Him and He'll help you work through any of your struggles.  God has a different journey for each of us and He will be there to guide us through it if we let Him.


One of my favorite verses comes to mind tonight:

Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
God Bless and have a God-Filled week!

No comments:

Post a Comment